Organic ROSEMARY (PROVENCE) Essential oil
Known properties: fungicide, expectorant
What is meant by quintessence?
Quintessence is the refined essence or extract of a substance, or in other words, the scientific optimization of extraction with regards to methods and distillation times in order to obtain and preserve the greatest wealth of active ingredients.
When properly distilled, an essential oil contains 50 to 250 active molecules whereas a synthetic drug for example may contain 2-3 at best. This wealth in active ingredients gives essential oils their concentration, diversity, extraordinary energy and a potency that is multiplied when they are associated with other oils.
All of MAISON LAGET’s essential oils are chemotyped, each batch is botanically and biochemically defined (E.O.B.B.D.) and more importantly - they are distilled long enough to extract all of the active ingredients.
These demanding standards and requirements are essential to high-quality aromatherapy.
Use and Special Precautions
After reading the special precautions for use, and in the absence of any special precautions to be taken, essential oils may be used as follows:
- Inhalation or diffusion (aromatherapy)
- Topical application (application, friction, massage or after dilution in vegetable oil according to dermocaustic properties)
- Orally (following the prescription of a therapist, usually 2 drops in honey 2 to 3 times a day for short periods only)
- For bathing (use with a dispersant)
- Other uses ( in cosmetics by adding 1 to 2 drops to care creams, in saunas, for cooking, home and linen freshening or as an insect repellent etc.)
For more detailed information on the uses and virtues of essential oils for well-being and beauty please refer to our aromatherapy reference books. If in doubt, consult a specialist.
E.O.B.B.D. certified pure 100% natural essential oil obtained using a slow steam distillation process.
Organic Agriculture certification FR-BIO-01
Rosmarinus officinalis L.
Chemotype: 1,8 cineole, camphor, α-Pinene
Distilled from the twigs and flowering tops
Origin: Provence, FRANCE
Colour: pale yellow to yellowish green
Scent: characteristic, fresh, and more or less camphorated.
Known properties (bibliography)
These indications are purely informative and do not in any case constitute medical advice or substitute the establishment of a medical diagnosis for the assessment of the severity of a pathology. Although the majority of essential oils are of food grade, we do not recommend their ingestion without the prior consultation and prescription of a therapist.
The essential oil of rosemary with cineole is extremely anti-infective, great for skin affections and articular pains. Pulmonary and mucolytic antiseptic properties.
Anti-catarrhal, mucolytic, expectorant (respiratory tract infection with mucosal congestion: sinusitis, bronchial catarrh, pulmonary congestion).
Toning (chronic fatigue).
Effective fungicide (candidiasis).
Orally: do not ingest.
Topical use: blend 3 drops of essential oil and 3 drops of carrier oil and apply 3 times a day on the thorax or the solar plexus depending on the treatment.
Possible dermocaustic effects if used pure. Dilute in a carrier oil.
Not recommended for pregnant women or children under the age of 12.
Identification & Packaging
Food-grade quality essential oil
100% of ingredients are of natural origin.
100% of ingredients are from organic farming.
ECOCERT certified FR-BIO-01
Amber glass Dropper bottle
Environmentally friendly packaging
* Disclaimer: the information on essential oils available here and in our general documentation are not exhaustive and are made available for information purposes only. In no case do they replace the medical advice necessary for the establishment of a diagnosis and in assessing the severity of a pathology. This information drawn from research conducted by healthcare professionals is the synthesis of our research on aromatherapy and includes reference books by Pierre Franchomme and Dr. Daniel Pénoël: "Exactly Aromatherapy" Roger Jollois Editor, of Aromatherapist pharmacist Dominique Baudoux: "Aromatherapy, healing with essential oils" (Editions Amyris), Dr. Zhiri and Dominique Baudoux: "Scientific aromatherapy - chemotyped essential oils and their synergies" (Editions Inspir), Dr. Jean Valnet: “The Aromatherapy Pocket Book”, Danielle Festy, pharmacist:" My Bible of essential oils ", Fabienne Millet, pharmacist: "The great guide to essential oils", (Marabout.) This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. Maison Laget shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising therefrom.
Product Custom Tab
Customers who bought this product also bought:
SICILIAN CITRUS Pillow MIST
Organic PATCHOULI Essential oil
- Cosmétique & alimentaire
Certified Organic ITALIAN EVERLASTING...
Organic LEMON EUCALYPTUS Essential oil