SIBERIAN PINE Essential oil
Known properties: sanitizing, purifying
What is meant by quintessence?
Quintessence is the refined essence or extract of a substance, or in other words, the scientific optimization of extraction with regards to methods and distillation times in order to obtain and preserve the greatest wealth of active ingredients.
When properly distilled, an essential oil contains 50 to 250 active molecules whereas a synthetic drug for example may contain 2-3 at best. This wealth in active ingredients gives essential oils their concentration, diversity, extraordinary energy and a potency that is multiplied when they are associated with other oils.
All of MAISON LAGET’s essential oils are chemotyped, each batch is botanically and biochemically defined (E.O.B.B.D.) and more importantly - they are distilled long enough to extract all of the active ingredients.
These demanding standards and requirements are essential to high-quality aromatherapy.
Use and Special Precautions
After reading the special precautions for use, and in the absence of any special precautions to be taken, essential oils may be used as follows:
- Inhalation or diffusion (aromatherapy)
- Topical application (application, friction, massage or after dilution in vegetable oil according to dermocaustic properties)
- Orally (following the prescription of a therapist, usually 2 drops in honey 2 to 3 times a day for short periods only)
- For bathing (use with a dispersant)
- Other uses ( in cosmetics by adding 1 to 2 drops to care creams, in saunas, for cooking, home and linen freshening or as an insect repellent etc.)
For more detailed information on the uses and virtues of essential oils for well-being and beauty please refer to our aromatherapy reference books. If in doubt, consult a specialist.
E.O.B.B.D. certified pure 100% natural essential oil obtained using a slow steam distillation process.
Note that this essential oil known as Siberian Pine is actually a fir (Abies), also known as Siberian Fir.
Chemotype: bornyle acetate, camphene
Distilled from the needles
Origin: both EU and outside the EU
Colour: colourless to pale yellow
Scent: characteristic, pleasant, rising
Known properties (bibliography)
Fresh and ideal for aromatherapy.
The properties, virtues and benefits of the Siberian Fir essential oil in aerial diffusion: sanitizing, purifying, invigorating and refreshing.
Recommended in diffusion and for use in saunas for its fresh, subtle and delicate aroma. The scent of Siberian pine is more pleasant than that of the Scots pine which is more acrid and resinous.
A powerful antiseptic and antispasmodic for the respiratory tract (bronchitis and asthmatic bronchitis, cough, spasmodic colitis).
Anti-inflammatory (alveolar-dental pyorrhoea, periodontitis). A mild painkiller useful for rheumatisms.
Topical use: dilute in a carrier oil. Apply by massaging gently to the chest area. Can also be used for inhalation.
Possible dermocaustic effects if used pure. Dilute in a carrier oil up to 20%.
Not recommended for pregnant women or children under the age of 12.
Identification and Packaging
Food-grade quality essential oil
100% of ingredients are of natural origin.
Amber glass Dropper bottle
Environmentally friendly packaging
* Disclaimer: the information on essential oils available here and in our general documentation are not exhaustive and are made available for information purposes only. In no case do they replace the medical advice necessary for the establishment of a diagnosis and in assessing the severity of a pathology. This information drawn from research conducted by healthcare professionals is the synthesis of our research on aromatherapy and includes reference books by Pierre Franchomme and Dr. Daniel Pénoël: "Exactly Aromatherapy" Roger Jollois Editor, of Aromatherapist pharmacist Dominique Baudoux: "Aromatherapy, healing with essential oils" (Editions Amyris), Dr. Zhiri and Dominique Baudoux: "Scientific aromatherapy - chemotyped essential oils and their synergies" (Editions Inspir), Dr. Jean Valnet: “The Aromatherapy Pocket Book”, Danielle Festy, pharmacist:" My Bible of essential oils ", Fabienne Millet, pharmacist: "The great guide to essential oils", (Marabout.) This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. Maison Laget shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising therefrom.
Product Custom Tab
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Organic LEMON Essence
Organic Provençal WILD THYME Infusion
Organic JUNIPER Essential oil
- Application cutané